THIS AGREEMENT is made between iPet ltd (the “Kennel”) and the owner or owners identified in form filled out (collectively the “Owner”). The Kennel and the Owner agree as follows:
1. The Kennel agrees that it will provide boarding services to the Owner’s animal(s) during the term of this Agreement
2. The Kennel agrees to provide boarding services to the Animal for a total of _____ nights, from:___:___ am/pm on ______________,_20__¬¬ to ___:___ am/pm on _____________,_20___ (the “Term”) at the rate of €____/night.
3. In the event the Animal’s stay at the Kennel is longer than the Term referred to in paragraph 2, the Owner agrees to pay additional daily Boarding Fees applicable.
4. In the event the Animal is picked up earlier than the indicated pick up date, the Owner will be charged for all the days the Animal was originally booked.
Payment and Deposits
4. The Owner agrees to pay the applicable daily Boarding Fees as specified. All payments will be made via cash, Visa, Master Card or Debit.
5. All Boarding Fee balances are payable upon pick-up of the Animal along with any and all other fees applicable to the animal during its/their stay.. A 50% deposit is payable when the animal is dropped off or earlier.
6. If the Owner is a first-time customer, payment will be made, in full, at the time of drop off.
7. If, for the health and/or hygiene of the Animal or the Kennel, the Animal requires bathing or grooming services, the Owner will be responsible for fees associated to this care. Prices will vary by requirement and by the individual condition and temperament of the Animal.
Pick-ups and Drop-offs
8. All pick-ups and drop-offs will occur during the business hours as posted.
9. In the event the Owner has not returned to collect the Animal before closing time on the schedule date of pick-up, the Owner agrees to pay the full day’s Boarding Fee unless prior arrangements have been made with the Kennel.
10. All dogs must be on-leash and all cats must be contained when being picked up and/or dropped off.
11. There will be a processing fee of €20.00 for all pick-ups/drop-offs performed outside office hours.
Health of Animals
12. The Owner represents that he or she is the sole owner of the Animal and that the Animal has not been knowingly exposed to distemper, rabies or any other infectious diseases/parasites within the last 90 days. The Owner further represents that the Animal has received all required vaccinations and that the Animal is in good health.
13. For each animal boarded, the Owner will provide an original veterinarian’s Certificate of Health that clearly states last date of immunizations and expiry date of said immunizations. Each Certificate of Health must be issued and signed by a veterinarian that is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Ireland
14. The Kennel reserves its right to refuse to provide boarding services to any animal.
15. In the event an Animal becomes ill during their stay at the Kennel, the Kennel will make all reasonable efforts to immediately contact the Owner.
16. In the event the Kennel is unable to contact the Owner, or if the Owner does not immediately provide reasonable and humane instructions for the care of the Animal to the Kennel, and if the state of the Animal’s health (in the Kennel’s judgement) requires immediate medical attention, the Kennel is hereby authorized to make all reasonable efforts to ensure the Animal receives proper medical attention and may engage the services of a veterinarian of the Kennel’s own choosing.
17. The Owner agrees to pay for all medical treatment received by the Animal, and any other related fees or disbursements incurred on the Owner’s behalf, during the Term of the Agreement and/or any subsequent days in the Kennel’s care.
18. The Owner understands and agrees the Kennel staff are not licensed veterinarians and, therefore, will not attempt to diagnose animal ailments or diseases and the Owner agrees the Kennel will not be liable for any sickness or ailment the Animal develops or manifests during their stay at the Kennel or the result of said sickness or ailment.
19. In the event an Owner has not returned to the Kennel to pick-up the Animal within10 days after the scheduled pick-up date referred to in paragraph 2 and has not made any other arrangements for payment and/or continued boarding of the Animal at the Kennel, the Kennel may, at its sole discretion, sell or otherwise place the Animal without notice to the Owner.
20. The Owner understands and agrees the Kennel will not be liable to the Owner nor to any other party for any liability, any consequential losses, any damages whether in contract, tort or otherwise, or any other claims or expenses that may be connected with the services provided by the Kennel including, but not limited to, loss or damage from disease, death, running away, theft, fire and injury to persons, other animals or property.
21. The Owner indemnifies the Kennel, its agents and employees, from any loss, liability, claim or expense, resulting directly or indirectly from the Owner’s breach of any warranty or provision contained in this Agreement.
22. The Owner further indemnifies the Kennel, its agents and employees, for any personal injury or damage to property caused or contributed to by the Animal.
23. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will be and remain in full force and effect.
24. The waiver by either party of any breach or violation of any provision of this Agreement will not operate, or be construed, as a waiver of any similar subsequent breach or violation of it.
25. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties.
26. Any modifications to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by the parties or the modifications will have no effect and will be void.
27. The headings utilized in this Agreement are for convenience only and are not to be construed in any way as additions to or limitations of the covenants and agreements contained in this Agreement.
28. This Agreement ensures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns.
29. In the event the parties are not able to agree on any matter with respect to this Agreement, the matter will be determined by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act of Alberta. The decision of the arbitrator(s) will be binding upon the parties.
30. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the republic of Ireland.
31. Any notice required or permitted to be given to the parties must be in writing and will be sufficiently given if mailed by registered mail to that party’s address noted herein.