TERMS AND CONDITIONS;
None of our Terms and conditions affects your rights as a consumer. The Pet Centre’s personnel are completely dedicated to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
As you can appreciate dog grooming is not without its Hazards, both to the person grooming and the dog being groomed. This is because we could be dealing with dogs of all ages and sizes that are aggressive, nervous, giddy, stressed, impatient etc. They may also have health issues such as, injuries, wounds, skin problems, heart conditions, old age, eye problems, ear problems, cysts, growths, overgrown nails, and many other medical issues both known and unknown to the owner. The most common cause for concern has to be heavily soiled and matted coats… As it is impossible for our groomers to know what lies beneath the coats of dogs in such condition…
Because of the above reasons we (ProGroom/The Pet Centre) will only agree to groom your dog under the following term and conditions.
• ProGroom has never & will never use any form of SEDATION even at the owner’s request.
• Whilst your dog is in our care its health and welfare is our primary concern.
• Your Dog will only ever be groomed according to its tolerance of the process.
• Neglected & Matted Coats; In the event that your dog’s coat needs to be clipped off to release it from the stress and discomfort of matting, soiling or coat neglect, ProGroom / The Pet Centre or its staff are not liable for any post grooming effects of this procedure, which is not without risk.
• Any humane de –matting will be undertaken solely at our discretion in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act (Animals are to be protected from pain, injury and suffering) and we will only do this ONCE and as long as your dog is in no pain.
• Due to our groomers having to clip close to the skin, this may result in some skin irritation or skin nicks/cuts. From the close shaving. You agree that ProGroom / The Pet Centre will not be held responsible for any affect that this may have after the grooming session is completed.
• As we may have to use instruments such as de-matting knifes, scissors, electric shears, combs, nail clippers, muzzles, restraints etc. We are always incredibly conscious of the hazards they may present and will do everything in our power to avoid putting your dog in any danger of injury or harm. That said and because of the many possible issues and conditions previously mentioned, all customers leaving their animals to be groomed at ProGroom /The Pet Centre do so at their own risk.
• Although extremely unlikely, accidents can happen during grooming. In the event of an accident or serious medical issue arising during your dog’s groom you agree to authorise us to seek veterinary treatment. The cost of this treatment will be borne by the owner.
• Occasionally during grooming a pre-existing condition may be discovered which the owner may not be aware of. You will be notified of this so that you can seek veterinary advice.
• The Pet Centre will not be held liable or responsible for irritation, abrasion, patchiness, infections, escape, death, theft, or coat loss due to any pre-existing condition or as a result of the process of grooming, kennelling, restraining, de-matting, thinning, stripping or shaving or any mishap caused by nondisclosure of any health conditions or behaviour issues.
• We reserve the right not to accept a dog which presents a risk to our safety.
• It may be necessary for our grooming staff to muzzle your dog for their safety and your dog’s safety also. A suitably sized muzzle will be chosen allowing your dog to breathe comfortably.
• If your dog is accepted for grooming and displays aggression that we have not been informed of during its session, the groom will be terminated immediately and you will be contacted and asked to collect your dog. You will be liable to pay the full starting price of the groom plus full cost of any damages and expenses your pet may have caused.
• It is the owner’s duty of care and responsibility to maintain their dogs coat between professional grooming sessions. If for whatever reason this is not possible we offer greatly reduced rates for mini grooms and a wash and go service…We are happy to offer advice on how to look after your dog’s coat and which brushes are most suitable.
• We only de- matt puppies, elderly or aggressive dogs on a case by case bases and only at owners risk.
• Styling; you will be given detailed feedback after each groom. Every effort will be made to groom your dog to meet your expectations. It must be clear however that no guarantee can be made and we accept no responsibility for the groom carried out according to instructions but not to your visual expectations. It may take several grooming sessions for the coat to grow to your desired style. If you are dissatisfied with any part of your dog’s groom please let us know before you leave our premises. Reasonable requests to alter the trim will be dealt with immediately or changes noted for the next groom.
• Any extra services or treatments deemed to be necessary by our grooming staff may incur an extra charge.
• Missed or cancelled appointments without 24hour notice may incur a fee
• Challenging behaviour. Some dogs may require a longer appointment time or a split appointment due to excessively nervous or challenging behaviour. We will advise the owner of any alteration in charges before we begin.
• If for reasons beyond our control we are unable to complete the grooming session as agreed, we reserve the right to provide a new suitable appointment date.
• Any personal items left with your dog e.g. leads, toys, collars, muzzles etc. is done so at your own risk. Progroom / The Pet Centre will not be held liable for any loss or damage of such items.
• Any and all health issues or temperament issues or any other relevant information about your dog must be divulged to a staff member on drop off of the animal or earlier.
• Please make yourself familiar with your responsibilities as a dog owner under the “Dangerous Dog Act.”
• Your dog may be photographed or videoed before, during or after its groom. Photographs/videos may be used on our websites, social media or other printed materials. Please let us know if you prefer your dog not to be photographed.
• Drop off times are agreed when an appointment is made.
• Collection times are agreed on drop off. It is important that customers allow more time on collection as finishing touches to your dog may have to be completed. This should take no more than 10-15 mins if at all.
• We will never release a dog that is not fully finished and reserve the right to extend the grooming session or reschedule the collection times if necessary “even at short notice”.
• If a customer insists or collecting their dog while it not finished to our satisfaction or against our advice, ProGroom /The Pet Centre will not be held liable or responsible for the dog once it leaves our premises or for any consequence of such actions.
• Furthermore if a customer insists on collecting their dog when it is not finished to our satisfaction or against our advice, they are liable to pay the full starting price of the groom as agreed.
• If for whatever reason you are unable to collect your dog before closing. We will book your dog into the iPet Hotel where you agree to pay all revenant boarding charges upon collection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS;
THIS AGREEMENT is made between iPet ltd (the “Kennel”) and the owner or owners identified in form filled out (collectively the “Owner”). The Kennel and the Owner agree as follows:
1. The Kennel agrees that it will provide boarding services to the Owner’s animal(s) during the term of this Agreement
2. Pets cannot Check In or Out on Bank Holidays!
2. The Kennel agrees to provide boarding services to the Animal for a total of _____ nights, from:___:___ am/pm on ______________,_20__¬¬ to ___:___ am/pm on _____________,_20___ (the “Term”) at the rate of €____/night.
3. In the event the Animal’s stay at the Kennel is longer than the Term referred to in paragraph 2, the Owner agrees to pay additional daily Boarding Fees applicable.
4. In the event the Animal is picked up earlier than the indicated pick up date, the Owner will be charged for all the days the Animal was originally booked.
Payment and Deposits
4. The Owner agrees to pay the applicable daily Boarding Fees as specified. All payments will be made via cash, Visa, Master Card or Debit.
5. All Boarding Fee balances are payable upon pick-up of the Animal along with any and all other fees applicable to the animal during its/their stay.. A 50% deposit is payable when the animal is dropped off or earlier.
6. If the Owner is a first-time customer, payment will be made, in full, at the time of drop off.
7. If, for the health and/or hygiene of the Animal or the Kennel, the Animal requires bathing or grooming services, the Owner will be responsible for fees associated to this care. Prices will vary by requirement and by the individual condition and temperament of the Animal.
Pick-ups and Drop-offs
8. All pick-ups and drop-offs will occur during the business hours as posted.
9. In the event the Owner has not returned to collect the Animal before closing time on the schedule date of pick-up, the Owner agrees to pay the full day’s Boarding Fee unless prior arrangements have been made with the Kennel.
10. All dogs must be on-leash and all cats must be contained when being picked up and/or dropped off.
11. There will be a processing fee of €20.00 for all pick-ups/drop-offs performed outside office hours.
Health of Animals
12. The Owner represents that he or she is the sole owner of the Animal and that the Animal has not been knowingly exposed to distemper, rabies or any other infectious diseases/parasites within the last 90 days. The Owner further represents that the Animal has received all required vaccinations and that the Animal is in good health.
13. For each animal boarded, the Owner will provide an original veterinarian’s Certificate of Health that clearly states last date of immunizations and expiry date of said immunizations. Each Certificate of Health must be issued and signed by a veterinarian that is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Ireland
14. The Kennel reserves its right to refuse to provide boarding services to any animal.
15. In the event an Animal becomes ill during their stay at the Kennel, the Kennel will make all reasonable efforts to immediately contact the Owner.
16. In the event the Kennel is unable to contact the Owner, or if the Owner does not immediately provide reasonable and humane instructions for the care of the Animal to the Kennel, and if the state of the Animal’s health (in the Kennel’s judgement) requires immediate medical attention, the Kennel is hereby authorized to make all reasonable efforts to ensure the Animal receives proper medical attention and may engage the services of a veterinarian of the Kennel’s own choosing.
17. The Owner agrees to pay for all medical treatment received by the Animal, and any other related fees or disbursements incurred on the Owner’s behalf, during the Term of the Agreement and/or any subsequent days in the Kennel’s care.
18. The Owner understands and agrees the Kennel staff are not licensed veterinarians and, therefore, will not attempt to diagnose animal ailments or diseases and the Owner agrees the Kennel will not be liable for any sickness or ailment the Animal develops or manifests during their stay at the Kennel or the result of said sickness or ailment.
19. In the event an Owner has not returned to the Kennel to pick-up the Animal within10 days after the scheduled pick-up date referred to in paragraph 2 and has not made any other arrangements for payment and/or continued boarding of the Animal at the Kennel, the Kennel may, at its sole discretion, sell or otherwise place the Animal without notice to the Owner.
20. The Owner understands and agrees the Kennel will not be liable to the Owner nor to any other party for any liability, any consequential losses, any damages whether in contract, tort or otherwise, or any other claims or expenses that may be connected with the services provided by the Kennel including, but not limited to, loss or damage from disease, death, running away, theft, fire and injury to persons, other animals or property.
21. The Owner indemnifies the Kennel, its agents and employees, from any loss, liability, claim or expense, resulting directly or indirectly from the Owner’s breach of any warranty or provision contained in this Agreement.
22. The Owner further indemnifies the Kennel, its agents and employees, for any personal injury or damage to property caused or contributed to by the Animal.
23. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will be and remain in full force and effect.
24. The waiver by either party of any breach or violation of any provision of this Agreement will not operate, or be construed, as a waiver of any similar subsequent breach or violation of it.
25. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties.
26. Any modifications to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by the parties or the modifications will have no effect and will be void.
27. The headings utilized in this Agreement are for convenience only and are not to be construed in any way as additions to or limitations of the covenants and agreements contained in this Agreement.
28. This Agreement ensures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns.
29. In the event the parties are not able to agree on any matter with respect to this Agreement, the matter will be determined by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act of Alberta. The decision of the arbitrator(s) will be binding upon the parties.
30. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the republic of Ireland.
31. Any notice required or permitted to be given to the parties must be in writing and will be sufficiently given if mailed by registered mail to that party’s address noted herein.