“Irelands longest established Pet Store & Grooming Salon”
Our Expert Professional Groomers have over 150 years of combined experience and grooming knowledge.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS;
None of our Terms and conditions affects your rights as a consumer. The Pet Centre’s personnel are completely dedicated to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
As you can appreciate dog grooming is not without its Hazards, both to the person grooming and the dog being groomed. This is because we could be dealing with dogs of all ages and sizes that are aggressive, nervous, giddy, stressed, impatient etc. They may also have health issues such as, injuries, wounds, skin problems, heart conditions, old age, eye problems, ear problems, cysts, growths, overgrown nails, and many other medical issues both known and unknown to the owner. The most common cause for concern has to be heavily soiled and matted coats… As it is impossible for our groomers to know what lies beneath the coats of dogs in such condition…
Because of the above reasons we (ProGroom/The Pet Centre) will only agree to groom your dog under the following term and conditions.
• ProGroom has never & will never use any form of SEDATION even at the owner’s request.
• Whilst your dog is in our care its health and welfare is our primary concern.
• Your Dog will only ever be groomed according to its tolerance of the process.
• Neglected & Matted Coats; In the event that your dog’s coat needs to be clipped off to release it from the stress and discomfort of matting, soiling or coat neglect, ProGroom / The Pet Centre or its staff are not liable for any post grooming effects of this procedure, which is not without risk.
• Any humane de –matting will be undertaken solely at our discretion in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act (Animals are to be protected from pain, injury and suffering) and we will only do this ONCE and as long as your dog is in no pain.
• Due to our groomers having to clip close to the skin, this may result in some skin irritation or skin nicks/cuts. From the close shaving. You agree that ProGroom / The Pet Centre will not be held responsible for any affect that this may have after the grooming session is completed.
• As we may have to use instruments such as de-matting knifes, scissors, electric shears, combs, nail clippers, muzzles, restraints etc. We are always incredibly conscious of the hazards they may present and will do everything in our power to avoid putting your dog in any danger of injury or harm. That said and because of the many possible issues and conditions previously mentioned, all customers leaving their animals to be groomed at ProGroom /The Pet Centre do so at their own risk.
• Although extremely unlikely, accidents can happen during grooming. In the event of an accident or serious medical issue arising during your dog’s groom you agree to authorise us to seek veterinary treatment. The cost of this treatment will be borne by the owner.
• Occasionally during grooming a pre-existing condition may be discovered which the owner may not be aware of. You will be notified of this so that you can seek veterinary advice.
• The Pet Centre will not be held liable or responsible for irritation, abrasion, patchiness, infections, escape, death, theft, or coat loss due to any pre-existing condition or as a result of the process of grooming, kennelling, restraining, de-matting, thinning, stripping or shaving or any mishap caused by nondisclosure of any health conditions or behaviour issues.
• We reserve the right not to accept a dog which presents a risk to our safety.
• It may be necessary for our grooming staff to muzzle your dog for their safety and your dog’s safety also. A suitably sized muzzle will be chosen allowing your dog to breathe comfortably.
• If your dog is accepted for grooming and displays aggression that we have not been informed of during its session, the groom will be terminated immediately and you will be contacted and asked to collect your dog. You will be liable to pay the full starting price of the groom plus full cost of any damages and expenses your pet may have caused.
• It is the owner’s duty of care and responsibility to maintain their dogs coat between professional grooming sessions. If for whatever reason this is not possible we offer greatly reduced rates for mini grooms and a wash and go service…We are happy to offer advice on how to look after your dog’s coat and which brushes are most suitable.
• We only de- matt puppies, elderly or aggressive dogs on a case by case bases and only at owners risk.
• Styling; you will be given detailed feedback after each groom. Every effort will be made to groom your dog to meet your expectations. It must be clear however that no guarantee can be made and we accept no responsibility for the groom carried out according to instructions but not to your visual expectations. It may take several grooming sessions for the coat to grow to your desired style. If you are dissatisfied with any part of your dog’s groom please let us know before you leave our premises. Reasonable requests to alter the trim will be dealt with immediately or changes noted for the next groom.
• Any extra services or treatments deemed to be necessary by our grooming staff may incur an extra charge.
• Missed or cancelled appointments without 24hour notice may incur a fee
• Challenging behaviour. Some dogs may require a longer appointment time or a split appointment due to excessively nervous or challenging behaviour. We will advise the owner of any alteration in charges before we begin.
• If for reasons beyond our control we are unable to complete the grooming session as agreed, we reserve the right to provide a new suitable appointment date.
• Any personal items left with your dog e.g. leads, toys, collars, muzzles etc. is done so at your own risk. Progroom / The Pet Centre will not be held liable for any loss or damage of such items.
• Any and all health issues or temperament issues or any other relevant information about your dog must be divulged to a staff member on drop off of the animal or earlier.
• Please make yourself familiar with your responsibilities as a dog owner under the “Dangerous Dog Act.”
• Your dog may be photographed or videoed before, during or after its groom. Photographs/videos may be used on our websites, social media or other printed materials. Please let us know if you prefer your dog not to be photographed.
• Drop off times are agreed when an appointment is made.
• Collection times are agreed on drop off. It is important that customers allow more time on collection as finishing touches to your dog may have to be completed. This should take no more than 10-15 mins if at all.
• We will never release a dog that is not fully finished and reserve the right to extend the grooming session or reschedule the collection times if necessary “even at short notice”.
• If a customer insists or collecting their dog while it not finished to our satisfaction or against our advice, ProGroom /The Pet Centre will not be held liable or responsible for the dog once it leaves our premises or for any consequence of such actions.
• Furthermore if a customer insists on collecting their dog when it is not finished to our satisfaction or against our advice, they are liable to pay the full starting price of the groom as agreed.
• If for whatever reason you are unable to collect your dog before closing. We will book your dog into the iPet Hotel where you agree to pay all revenant boarding charges upon collection.